PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Full emergency at STN
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2004, 23:06
sixmilehighclub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have to agree there was absolutely nothing wrong with the original post.

'Have You Heard This': I'm sorry but I feel you overreacted. Clarification was asked for, thats all. No panic was raised in the slightest. If you are familiar with aviation, and I'm sure you have picked up from your relative exactly how uneventful some emergencies can be, you should know that emergencies happen daily and it certainly does not mean anything disasterous.

Even if it had have been someone saying, "hey, guess what I've heard....", this is a RUMOUR network after all.

I stood and watched an aircraft go down behind my house once. My first thought was if my housemate was on board as they had left 90 mins before to report for a flight, my second thought was the pax and other crew I may know, and the third was whose house it had crashed on. My first instinct was to jump in my car with my hi-vis, torch and airside pass to drive the 800 yards down the road to see if I can help. I found out as I pulled off the driveway it was a cargo plane with just 4 crew, no pax, no friends. I was overtaken by two airport fire engines so returned home.

Within 15 minutes I had received 6 phonecalls from colleagues and family checking I was ok as it was in my area. Thats how fast news travels.

What I'm saying is if it was serious, ie catastophic, you would have seen many more than one post appear on here i'm fairly sure, or received calls, or there would have been a newsflash. If you reacted this way to a post which did not mention any catastrophic or non-catastrophic outcome, how would you have reacted standing in that same spot I was?