PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IM Irish, am i screwed.
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2004, 20:42
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 468 Likes on 248 Posts
Watchoutbelow,

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
came from t'poorest family in't street
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But you never mentioned which street, I am assuming somewhere in London, Knightsbridge perhaps?

Assuming very wrongly, but I'm quite flattered, thanks

I should have been so lucky. You must be mistaking me for a Cavalry officer called Rupert, or Tarquin (or summat)!

In fact "our street" was an industrial town in the heart of the coal mining region. Most of my relatives were miners or farmers. My father was born on a farm, as was his father; the latter was later tragically killed while working as a railwayman. My brother was a dairy farm manager for many years. My maternal grandfather was a coal miner. Maternal grandmother came from Southern Ireland. My uncle died of miner's lung disease a few years back. My first full time job was as a builder.

Sorry, but believe it or not, the only spoon I had in my mouth at birth was more rusty iron than shiny silver. It's true though. Many of my intake were similar to me.

Did you give up after one attempt? It took me three goes to get accepted for pilot training.

I now feel a sketch coming on about us living in a cardboard box , in t'middle o' t'road But you try tellin' em that today! They won't believe yer!

Last edited by ShyTorque; 20th Apr 2004 at 21:06.