PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IM Irish, am i screwed.
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2004, 18:39
Watchoutbelow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Har har,

Very good Sh'To,
came from t'poorest family in't street
But you never mentioned which street, I am assuming somewhere in London, Knightsbridge perhaps?

As for the U.S military, decide which branch you want to go into, find out as much as you can about that branch,
Then try and organize a meeting with a Military Attaché in the U.S embassy, they can point you in the right direction.
If it is choppers you want to fly, you don't necessarily need to be a commissioned officer, A Chief Warrant Officer is all that is required for the Army.
There will be a visa lottery sometime in the autumn, (Or as they say "Fall”, annoying but get used to it!) there are other ways to get in without winning the lottery, but a world of pain and paperwork lies ahead, you have to really really want it.

And as for the IAC, more then half of Irish airspace is designated Military Operational Airspace; quite a fair bit on the east coast is Strictly Restricted! All that for a couple of little Cessna's!
I am scared to think what they will do with their lean mean PC-9's,
No doubt they are patrolling the streets around town with them already, Practicing for strafing runs down O' Connel Street

When I was in the Irish military, we would sit around the mess hall, making up Rumors, telling the newbies that we were getting new M1A1 Tanks and Destroyers for the Navy, and we would see how long it would take to come back to us from someone else,
(Yes it is that sad when you have been reduced to that!!)

As for BlackHawks, there is no need or use for them in a small Neutral country, maybe 1 or 2 EC135's will be the order of the day, however the mind baffles as to the logic of some of the decisions made in that organisation!