PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet 2166 19-4-2004
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2004, 15:23
DeepC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EasyJet 2166 19-4-2004

I was on the above flight yesterday night out of AMS into LTN and felt for the crew on the flight.

To set the scene. The aircraft was late arriving at AMS and when we got on it transpired that there was a problem with one of the rear emergency exits resulting in only the front 16 rows being able to be used. 95 seats, 95 passengers. Mr Passenger 95 decides he doesn't want to sit in close proximity to the great unwashed and insists on sitting in row 17. Much reasoning with him got nowhere so eventually the crew gave in and let him sit there. During the flight the guy sitting in the aisle seat of row 16 decides to take it upon himself to give the hostie a rare tongue lashing. It took 10 minutes and a trip to the captain to pacify him and convince him that although he did not listen to the safety briefing the safety briefing did say that there was only one door operative at the back.

Why do people take it upon themselves to be complete prats at the end of a long day. The flight is only 40 minutes. Surely they can endure the privations for 40 minutes.

If you have no sense of humour then perhaps it is best if you don't travel Easyjet.

DeepC

P.S With the plane loaded with all but 12 of the 95 passengers in front of the centre of gravity why did the plane a) take off and b) not arrive at Luton by 'going in like a dart'? Lots of conjecture about this point between my wife and I.