PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - failed 14 exams and redo the all session?
Old 20th Apr 2004, 10:40
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But: would employers notice the standard of your pass? Or do you not get a 'grade' as such? If, for example, you passed your exams with, ahem...'flying' colours, would this place you in an advantageous position over someone else?
In relation to the ground stuff we were discussing the fact that it dosn't matter at all. You could have a pass rate of 75% and use all the resits your allowed and sittings. And still be in with the same chance as the person next in the pile who has a pass rate of 99% all first time passes.

All you get at the end is a summary sheet with the exams sat and the percentage and number of trys on it. I have never been asked for this sheet or been asked for my results verbally either.

Flying tests are a bit different. Some look for a first time pass in your IR. And a few a first timepass at CPL. Some don't give a toss. I have met line pilots who have taken 4+ shots at the IR and still got a job.

And if anyone tells you that people care about your PPL they are only winding you up. Apart from the school that we can't mention from Florida who's owner has annoyed that many people in the UK it more than likely your interview will contain a bitching session about the yorkshire ****.

MJ