PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - looking for the light
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2004, 09:48
Adie101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for the light

I have just finished reading alot of posts about there being no work for low hour pilots. I am feeling pretty bad and I have not even started my training yet. I am having second thoughts about spending such a large amount of money only to find at the end I am standing in the dole Q, with a huge debt around my kneck. Is it really as bad as it looks, is it sure to get better in a few years?

If I were to go for frieght work what sort of wage could I be looking at. Also if I were to get both my JAA and FAA are there better options to work in Asia etc to build up hours.

I can't understand why the hell I it costs on average of 45000 to then fine the path to a secure income gets so narrow. This to me sounds like a complete upside down process. I could accept it if the entry costs weren't so high. Anyway if anyone could give me some answers to any of my previous questions I would be really greatful. Like I said i am still having trouble accepting the situation.

and good luck to all those that are trying to find work after spending so much time and money.

Adie