PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do we need to be more restrictive than the USA?
Old 20th Apr 2004, 08:25
SM4 Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is actually the first posts by Dick I have ever read and have no knowledge of how Dick became so alienated within these pages. So for what its worth Dick, I fully support in principle, a change to the US system, especially if it brings down the cost to the GA guys.
I too totally support the principle; but the facts remain that NAS2b is more expensive than the previous system. We have spent $200M+ implementing this rubbish a cost that will never be recovered; how is it that it makes GA cheaper; no charges for VFR flight, sounds like a better solution would have been changing the charging regime? If it truly is that costs that are the burdon.

The US system is wonderful; their extra radar sights, extra controllers to go with their extra traffic. Culture cannot be imported it must be developed. We are a long way off the USA airsapce culture. Does the USA envy our culture; some of us envy their's. Every USA ATC I've spoken too would love our old system; they all agree that, it would be safer...

Love your graph Dick, doesn't mean ****e! You could run a very similar graph about ticket costs v activity on RPTs.