PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2004, 02:56
GalleyHag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also read the Q & A from QF that some are referring to and I couldnt find anything positive for current shortlisters. Sure they talk about recruitment for the shortlist mid year, casuals for short haul and the fact that casuals dont work well within long haul operations, but there is no mention of PERMANENT employment in either division nor anticipated employment in the near future. Dixon has made it clear PERMANENT is a thing of the past, and as there is no provision in the long haul EBA for 3-5 contracts I would expect if I were guys that if you are offered anything it would be fixed term 12 months. This gives QF a lot of flexability in terms of shedding Australian based crew if they get what they want in terms of increasing the overseas based crew in the next EBA.

However, QF require more aircraft, are starting new routes etc therefore you would think they will require more crew but if I were you guys dont expect permanent employment otherwise you will only be disappointed. The only permanent positions if any will go to internals I think. Hope for fixed term and anything better than that is a bonus.

The Q & A was wonderfully written but I didnt find much in that was positive at all, sorry. Maybe I'm just not looking at it from a shortlist point of view.

Easternboy

I cant even think of words to say to you, which is quite a shock for me!!