PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do we need to be more restrictive than the USA?
Old 19th Apr 2004, 20:16
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick

I believe the purpose of this thread has been served. A number of very professional people have responded to each of your questions in some detail and whilst their words may vary, there is an element of commonality to all their responses.

I think your remaining question commences with "Many air traffic controllers that I know take holidays in the United States." We all accept an element of risk, often in sublime ignorance, very occasionally after assessing and accepting the odds. How often have you traversed a freign soverign state's air space, either in your own aircraft or in airline aircraft, knowing and accepting their air space model significantly lacks system and safety? How often have we travelled as a passenger in an airline aircraft registered in a country which we know has safety standards significantly below those standards we expect in Australia? I know I have. And I accepted the risk.

The purpose of this thread has been served. I think you have your answers. Time to unsticky.

Woomera

Last edited by Woomera; 19th Apr 2004 at 20:33.