PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When do TUI'S 735's Arrive At Coventry?
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2004, 19:59
Arbottle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning for airports "should" follow the section in the white paper that details the results of the government plan. (Can't recall the section).

That section acknowledges that there is a planning application for 2m passengers PA from Coventry, and "does not envisage" further development beyond this number. It also states that the plans are for local determination.

Local MPs have consistently (I've read Hansard) tried to get across the same old rubbish about runway/safety/etc in Parliament, but the goverment refer them to this section of the paper, and repeat the mantra "for local determination." As it is clear the safety issues were a pack of lies, and the section of the paper acknowledges the development of a terminal, then WDC have no reason to turn down development based on this section -- which _would_ be the case for Wolverhampton & cosgrove.

In effect, the development of the Terminal is not constrained by the white paper, and cannot be used to stop its development.

I think it's about time the airport was put to better use. I live in the flight paths of both Coventry and Brum and get planes flying overhead all day & sometimes in the early hours [These ones I assume are the noisy freight planes?] I fully support more use -- I only hope that Cov CIty council and TUI can get their heads together and start some decent transport links.