PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ pilots under political pressure (merged)
Old 19th Apr 2004, 15:17
Rockhound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knackered,
I don't know, I've been to Singapore several times and it hardly looks like a police state to me, with the threat of phones being tapped and mail opened. Actually, it's one of my favourite places in the world to visit but, admittedly, I've never lived there. As well, some PPruners, SIN locals as well as ex-pats, have not exactly minced their words criticising SQ management and the SIN govt on this site.
The punishment meted out to Goh seems way over the top to me and I cannot help but wonder what's really behind it. I don't believe Goh expected it, otherwise he would have used a different tactic to shake up Alpa-S. His attempted palace coup happened months ago, why did the SIN authorities wait so long before throwing the book at him? Is there any local SIN PPruner who can honestly say, yes, the revoking of Goh's PR status was entirely predictable and fully expectable? If Goh had been a local born and bred in SIN, what would the punishment have been? These are just some of the questions going round in my head
Rockhound (still )