PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Airshow
Thread: London Airshow
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2004, 22:43
Ripline

sua cuique voluptas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'm glad that I made the effort - the Pprune Meet at the Breitling Bar was the first one that I've participated in and a jolly nice bunch you all are! To have Flying Lawyer, Aerbabe, Whirlygig, Whirlybird, Low'n'Slow, Brookland AND The Pink One (these are the only names that "stuck" - apologies to the others) all in one group was an uplifting experience and I believe that there was some sort of air show going on as well.......

....which was the first exhibition where I didn't feel herded, shoved and jostled, all the exhibitors were polite and interested and the food and drinks weren't priced off the scale. Learned a lot and FL's talk was worth the (reduced) price of admission alone.

My journey back was "interesting" as well. The underground substitute bus had me as its only passenger and dropped me off outside my parent's house as it was raining heavily. A tad better than the standard Tube service I fancy!

What else, ah yes, renewed the Pilot subscription at the Show and walked away with my "free" watch in my sticky little paw.

Top day...

Ripline