PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - User names going out of action
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2004, 21:03
itchybum

Location: Over 250 posts so far. Perhaps I support Pprune by posting regularly.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
..... you are not alone

Little Paddy I experienced the same problem on more than one occasion. I have had four usernames suddenly crap out on me and refuse to allow me priveleges. Now and then, I try my previous username and if I persist I can eventually post but this "itchybum" ALWAYS gets me in to all services.

For the previous to work I had to delete cookies and temp internet files then log in and even then I had to do it several times and fail before it actually got me to the POST window. Then after I finish typing and hit SUBMIT (or whatever) it often went back to the log-in window and I had to start again. Very annoying.

What's more annoying is there was no explanation from pprune except that it must be a PC problem. Strange since itchybum gets in every time with the SAME PC but I could not get this point across and they eventually got tired of offering advice.
ask users who have the same Username for nearly seven years why they don't have a problem. There is no other reason why a Username becomes 'unaccessible'.
Well obviously there must be another reason since it sounds, L.Paddy, as though your problem is not unique.