PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Airshow
Thread: London Airshow
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2004, 16:24
cessna l plate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, what can I say. A superb show.
Now we've dispensed with the sarcasm... as had already been said, charging to enter a sales arena for someone to sell you something is a nice little earner.

I'm glad I went, and have to say that Les Brodie was excellent, a gentleman of the skies in fact.

As for the rest of it, a simulator sold out in minutes, lots of insurance men, and a few planes with the cowilngs removed.

However, the worst for me was the venue. Why do the powers that be in aviation think that those of us North of Watford Gap still race whippets, and fly kites? (want the proof? have a look at the CAA safety evening agenda for this year, and see how many are coming North, in comparison to the South)

From Manchester, I had 3 1/2 hours drive to the outskirts, a 20 minute bus ride to LHR, and 40 mins on the tube each way!! A long day indeed.
Why not consider the NEC for the future. Outstanding communication links for eveyone in the British Isles. An airport next door for those wishing to fly (not GA I know). And the best bit is... it's a whole lot bigger, the displays could be better promoted, proper workshops on the matters that interest us, as opposed to a seminar theatre, next to a guy with a microphone at a ditching tank!!

To sum up, not a bad show, but I doubt I will go to this amount of effort next year, and as my school report used to say COULD DO BETTER!