PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Universal, Outstanding Crew Salaries for Hajj
Old 18th Apr 2004, 13:45
B767Longhaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Air Universal, Outstanding Crew Salaries for Hajj

Air Universal, based in Amman, another non-paying entity.

Just when I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel and I was going to get paid for my time and efforts, along comes Air Universal, an Amman, Jordan based airlilne.

After doing the test flight and ferry flight from the desert (Marana, Arizona) to Amman, Jordan, Air Universal sent the crew back to the desert to pick up the 2nd of their intended 747 addition to their fleet. Unfortunately for them, they had yet to experience the sphincter boys from Evergreen Maintenance located at Marana.

Evergreen handed them an inflated maintenance bill for their shabby work and Air Universal could not afford to get their 2nd 747 (ex Lufthansa) out of the desert.

After keeping us on standby to move their aircraft for 5 weeks with stories like, " It'll be ready in 2 days" ,, and,, we are working on the situation,, ect... that they then sent the crew home and told us that they would contact us to return when the situation was resolved.

That call never came, and neither did our payment for babysitting their desert pidgeon roost.

So, beware of Air Universal should you decide to operate for this type of employer.