PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virtual pilot lands Qantas jet
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2004, 11:51
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
404Titan.
Eh? You just proved my point ie; airliners could be flown from the ground, if that was an issue for the public.
If you are just trying to get into a pissing match about Global Hawk- then I can't. The info (in the public domain) you quote quite clearly says
the UAV can autonomously taxi
Note the word can . I'll leave you to join the dots. I'm fairly certain I've had more to do with Global Hawk than you. But thanks for proving my point, anyway.
Kaptin M. Do you really think in the fly-by-wire/digital age, in case of a problem an onboard pilot will be able to do more than a ground-based trouble-shooter? If required, the onboard tech might be accompanied by a pilot. Maybe there will be a pilot onboard if the public insist on it (via market research etc.). As for weather radar etc. I don't deny that a lot of things would have to get better before automation, but are you saying there won't be constant improvements? The crew of an airliner has shrunk from 5 to 2 due to technology, yet some of you seem to think that it will stop in the present.