PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2004, 02:52
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh easternboy

Don't mistake directness for being bitter or twisted. Just my way - don't take offence!

I already apologised for to Q-Tee for taking her post out of context. Kudos for jumping to her defence, but since I've apologised, what's the problem?

With respect to my length of service in the Australian aviation industry, I have no illusions that I am not alone in this regard - on the contrary in fact! Your post did, however, take a contemptuous tone against all of us in this thread who stated how happy we were to stay on the list. Obviously, hindsight on your part (just like mine) has provided an apology for our posts.

I like how I (allegedly, and single-handedly!) managed to scare away QF people because of news I don't like. I speak my mind and question info where, and historically at least, it makes little if any sense. Oh, and as for the dig at
(and it seems all these people are Impulse)
...I'll let others decide for themselves on that one. Found it quite funny actually.

I've never blamed QF for SARS or Iraq. Don't be silly easternboy. The point I was trying to make (which I thought then, as now, was clear) was that 'anticipated', by it's very definition, does not solidify anything! Just like the recruitment 18 months ago was intended to fulfil 'anticipated' crewing needs THEN, external influences meant that we have sat on the list for 18 months thus far - with ANTICIPATED needs possibly determining future recruitment mid this year.

From here on, I'd like to suggest to all (and this goes for me also - because my passion can sometimes cloud my judgement - particularly after a couple of sav blancs) the following:

We quit taking this whole thing so seriously and let what happens, happens.

Feel the love guys.