PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald flightcrew
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2004, 23:34
Captain I. Jones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back in the Streamline days getting a position on the Shed was a matter of contacting them by phone, booking your self a place on the next type rating couse, paying for it, and then hoping they liked what they saw enough to hire you, pretty simple really.
Most people did it this way, and in several cases I know of, joined with almost no hours on anything, knocked in enough hours to get an ATPL, and then got immediately promoted to Captain.

Now however, not sure, they (Emerald) seemed to be quite reluctant to hire and then suddenly hired four new F/O's, and even payed for their ratings!!! Don't know exactly what their experience is yet but I don't suppose it's a great deal more than the usual 1000-1500 on various light A/C.
As for age, well I don't think it's a problem if your only in your early fourties, loads get in with similar age.
Good gegraphical location may be a point of their concideration, the limit for standby duties is thirty minutes from base, but again, I've seen plenty come and go through the company that have had hours of commuting between them and their base.

All a bit vague isn't it, I geuss it's just a matter of keep plugging with the c.v.'s and hoping that some one resigns on the same day your details arrive on the top of the pile.