PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are pilots boring?
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2004, 21:01
BEagle

Received 296 Likes on 114 Posts
Got the B&O stereo - well, actually I bought it in 1976. Still looks good though - and sounds fine!

Diesel? Bolleaux. NO. NEVER!! OK for tractors and farm machinery, but pilots simply don't drive them - it just isn't done! Something like my SLK320 is more the thing! They once said that you could tell the number of failed pilot marriages in the ba car park by looking at the cars....quality inversely proportional to alimony level!

Watch? OK - Breitling Aerospace. Not a poseur's toy, but a useful aviator's tool. Well - I've found it ideal!

Beer with twigs in it? Hmm - I'll go for the odd pint of Specky Hen or Hooky, but Thunderpants Old Rectal Reaming Farting Fluid - no thanks. Laarger? Only in Das Reich, danke. A nice cool Hefe Weissbier - ooh yes!

Conversations about flying? When all someone's experience consists of is being locked into a two-person flightdeck for 6 sector days of FMS and AFS fondling, then home, they haven't really got very much of interest to share with others. Whatever happened to nightstop room parties with the crew all having a good time? I recall one of those in Bermuda with a ba gang many years ago - the number one was such a friendly lass

Have to admit to Terry Wogan and Johnny Walker on Radio 2 in the car as I haven't got round to getting the CD changer and Blaupunkt Travel Pilot fitted yet - have been too busy! But at home it's definitely Sky channel 861 (Planet Rock) or RadioFFH on Internet streaming audio whilst I'm working.....

Was nearly tempted to buy an E-type last year. BRG 4.2 series 1 coupe......lovely. But the commonsense brain cell kicked in!

Comfy slippers? Oh purrlease! I suppose you actually wear pyjamas as well? (Whatever those are.....)

Last edited by BEagle; 17th Apr 2004 at 21:30.