PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 17th Apr 2004, 15:34
Lightning_Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm probibly in no position to comment on your situation only having a PPLH. You obviously enjoy flying being a seized wing pilot so why not go for it. I spent months looking at different schools to train at in the US and having done my PPL training there, I'm in the middle of sorting things out to go back on a J1 visa for two years. As you say, you've got the support of your family behind you which is a must, you want to move from your country to try something new, you have the money to do it so why not? With regards to your age, well thats someting again I cant comment on because I'm yet to reach employment level, but maybe someone will take this as being a plus? I would have thought if your self funded all the way through and dont need any additional training then maturity is a good thing.
I've had a lot of advise given to me on this forum, some what I've wanted to hear and some I'd rather have not but all the comments have been appreciated. I think its better to go into something knowing the full facts rather than being blinkered. Know the pitfalls and hopefully learn by other peoples experience. At the end of the day its your decision. I'm a believer that if someone wants something that badly, eventually they'll get it.

LB