PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 17th Apr 2004, 15:05
wesp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a lot of people it seems 41 is too old for anything else than the current job. I think I've still got most of my professional life still ahead of me. I made a career and don't want to continue this for another 25 years.

There is alot more in life than money alone. When 2.5 years ago my 6 years old son was killed I got a completely different view on life.

By the way I toured through Europe by aeroplane more than 100 hours and I know what flying is. We made trips from Holland to Ireland, France and Germany sometimes more than 2200 miles in 2 weeks. Of course it's different to working professionaly and in helicopters but I'm not a complete and utter fool.

We are also fed up with living in the Netherlands and would leave anyway. But sitting in office everyday either here or in a different country wouldn't make much of a difference would it.

By the way don't forget I worked for 17 years in IT making average weeks of over 70 hours a week.

Still in this high paying job I work more than 70 hours.

It's not coming for free in this type of business as well.

I don't say I don't want to work hard.....