PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2004, 12:45
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again everyone, and welcome back to Ben and K25. Hope you are keeping well.

A quick point on the Mk3 Chinook fiasco - Interesting that, yet again, the Government choose to have this information released to the public at the start of the Easter Recess, thereby avoiding further awkward questions on such a shamboic procurement.

Still, as John Cook was quoted as saying in a newspaper article, "At least we haven't had to do a body count this time to prove they were wrong."

Right, a date for your diaries: 2 June 2004. This will be the tenth anniversary of the accident. Memorial services are being held on the Mull of Kintyre, with a mirror service at a church in Hampshire (to allow John Cook to attend, as he is unable to get to the Mull). The services will be conducted at the same time, commencing 2.00PM. Interested parties wishing to pay their respects are invited to attend.

I must stress that the memorial services are to remember all 29 individuals who were lost, and for their families. They are not connected to the campaign. All campaign activities will be suspended for a 24 hour period as a mark of respect.

It would be useful to know, in advance, of numbers attending, so may I ask you please either e-mail me or PM me with numbers, stating your preferred location. Once the Hampshire Church details have been finalised, I will post full details here, along with a Multimap Link for directions.

As always, my regards.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook