PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2004, 11:11
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Q-tee, temper temper....

Firstly, I apologise if you felt offended by my post. The vast majority wasn't aimed at you, but some of it was related to your previous post.

When I read your post originally, it read as a very negative post (to me). On second viewing, it is not as negative as I first remember, but still not the best news to read when so much good news has been rumoured on the same thread.

Anyway, sorry for any hurt Q-T. Feel the love.

However, in response to your post, let me state the following:

1) By anticipated, do you mean the same 'anticipated' that was trumpeted 18 months ago when this recruitment process began? Qantas just loves the word 'anticipated'..

Anticipated, by it's very meaning (just like the word 'planned') means exactly that - is it concrete? No. Is it open to change, just like our anticipated recruitment 18 months ago - you know, right before SARS and Iraq started...??

2) I have never had anything against people such as yourself posting information - however disheartening - on this forum. Facts are facts and I've nothing against you, or anyone else, reporting them. In fact, without them, what is this board worth? Well, provided the facts can be substantiated like yours (I also read the same info minutes later on the Q&A Forum).

But if you re-read your post (as quickly as I did originally), it would be quite easy for it to come across as negative. Factual - but negative. There wasn't the slightest hint of a positive spin on any level! And trust me, for people who have been left hanging as long the shortlisters have, positive news, even negative news with a positive spin, is better than perceived doom and gloom!

I just try to look for the positive in everything I read, and I try my best to turn around those posts with 'doom and gloom' (however small) for the sake of others - not myself. Far too hardened to take it personally.

3) My temper is not normally that short - but you have to understand, for someone like myself who has been in this industry for many years now, it is insulting for someone (not yourself I might add) to insinuate that I - and indeed others like yourself - don't appreciate what it's like to be eliminated after enduring such a long process and wait time.

I flew off the handle and it's only reserved for those circumstances that deserve it.

4) As far as training schools are concerned, I am aware there are none forecast for this financial year - that's been stated repeatedly on Galley Gossip. So, effectively, we can't expect any real movement to occur prior to July 1 - unless, of course, something else happens...oh the change!

Remembering, of course, QF now have instant access to London via Hong Kong - something Dixon is really keen to take up ASAP from what I've read in the papers and online today.

In closing, I hope you accept my apology and that you enter into the spirit of PPRUNE like we all do.