PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The PFA
Thread: The PFA
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2004, 06:45
Pinga

TonyR
I would love to see a good flying association in the UK and Ireland and there are many like me who have plenty of experience to give but do not have the time to sit on ECs or NCs etc. For the moment I will continue to support AOPA USA.
Ah so you want to leave it to others to sit on EC’s or NC’s do you? Well if you leave it to others you will never play a constructive part in the organisation will you? There are loads of clever sods who would have done things differently if it had been up to them! Well the PFA is an association and YOU do have an opportunity to either get involved or leave it to others. If you choose to leave it to others then you will never be a leader.

Dawn B
I think the CAA should put out to tender the whole business of homebuilt aircraft and get some professional company to run the permit system.
that is an intended joke right? Yes, I can see it now, a new company run by highly paid "professionals" administered by highly paid professionals in the CAA. Permits being charged on a cost plus basis, a permit to fly shouldn't cost more than a couple of thousand a year and of course, this new organisation will be as efficient and flexible as the CAA is now I guess! Yes, this new company will be all things to all people and so there will never be any dissent, we shall be one step further towards a perfect world.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree because this thread is pointless and it's clear that after all said there is no moderation intended by those intent of bringing the PFA into disrepute. I just hope that those noisy morons are happy with the consequences of the damage that they are doing, the consequences of which may well result in less flexibility and more legislation, increased costs and possibly even the demise of the permit system altogether.