PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 ratings - THIS p!sses me right off
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2004, 02:35
Sheep Guts
Props are for boats!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luke ,
Mate come to OZ. The Sun shines and its actually warm outside, not every second accent is Eastern European, and we dont have Chewing gum every 2 inches on the footpaths either .

Only kidding fellas. I do agree though, the course your talking of is cheaper so is ETAs Endoresment Training Australias, same cost for 36 hrs in the ex Ansett sim plus addition 12 hours in a QANTAS 737-800 sim for an NG Rating. Good traininers infact some current Training Captains for Virgin Blue, total course cost I heard last time was $25,500.00 AUD oz dollars. Not bad when you think about it. Full NG rating, 48 hrs in sim (invaluable), makes good sense.Better than the US course, because they use a standard 26 hour syllabus then charge like wounded bulls for every hour after. All that time in sim may sound like a waste of time to some but if you havent any idea how to use an FMS or FMC its a God send.

But being fair on the UK institutions that give similair service, arent they paying alot more higher infrastructure costs and utilities costs? Surely that must be the inherant reason the same reason a Big Mac Meal in London will set you back 4-5 quid , am I right?

Sheep