PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet Good or Bad?
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2001, 02:37
cap360

Angry

I have worked for EZY since the beginning, they have always given false promises about life style, bases, & rosters. Recently I have had several rosters with only 6 days off in 28 days! Last year the fleet averaged 87 days off per annum the rest is made up from your leave. I have had, so many memo's about roster initiatives, the latest hit the paper bin before I read the headline. IT CAN BE suspended at any time by the management. It does not form any part of your terms and conditions. IT IS WORTHLESS…. Ask any of the Scottish, Dutch, or Greeks how they got shafted out of their promised bases! As he gasps for air do not worry it is not his iron lung giving up, Just Take Six Paces Back and duck… And Not to forget the LPL Captains THEY ARE NOT WORTH AS MUCH AS A LTN captain, that’s according to the management's new pay offer. Back to the plot…..
They will work you 6 days on then 2 off, for years we have had the minimum hours required off, more often than not finishing after 22:00, then on earlies after a days off.
Last summer to make profits before pre-floatation, we had to work to the limit of CAP 371, this was put out to us in a letter at the start of the summer, Legal but reckless….
After the program fell apart they had to wet lease, an aircraft and crew for several months, the rosters still remained S%*T,and to top it all the leased crews were given the Palma night stop. with 24 hrs in PMI they could not understand our problem! It’s a shame it only lasted the whole summer.
while we have sufficient crews it is not good, when we become short, after the new aircraft arrive and the loss of yet more flight crews, it will be hell, yet again.
Why do I stay ? you may ask, well after leaving a good job, with the seniority, moving the kids into new schools, the cost of moving was horrendous…. Never mind, I must not moan it's not orange, brown more like… the few posting I've placed on before have been very accurate, so my friend pass this offer by, that is unless you like the taste of a bitter grapefruit, to a sweet jaffa…