PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If we really had to...
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2004, 00:55
john_tullamarine

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts
A couple of posts refer to censorship.

Stable and I are not overly sensitive and will let things go for quite a bit before stepping in .. except for

(a) outright nastiness, etc ... has no place in this sort of forum

(b) things which might cause the Ivory Tower legal embarrassment - and, even then, we often will copy the thread to the admin forum for assessment and comment first.

In any case, we will do the poster the courtesy of indicating that something has been amended - I would be very surprised if either of us saw a need to delete a post in toto, even if we deleted all or most of the text within it.

Other possibilities which come to mind are

(a) the original poster went back to edit the post and, inadvertently, deleted it him/herself

(b) something done in another forum may have impacted on the poster's posts here ?? .. shades of chemtrails ....

(c) one of the admins further up the food chain deleted your post ... I think this is very unlikely in the absence of advice to Stable and I.

(d) just one of those occasional computer glitches .. ain't no computer or complex program is perfect .... hands up all those glass/FMS cockpit guys and gals who HAVEN'T heard the statement in flight ... "what the (expletive) is it doing now ?" (I think I see NO hands in the audience ...)

In respect of "trivial" posts (whatever that might mean) .. no, we don't have either any interest in, or spare time for, doing the Chief Editor thing ... In any case, sometimes it is a very simple post which triggers a very interesting string of posts in a thread.

If Stable or I see the need to haul somebody over the coals, we will do it up front and will make it clear to the readership that we have done so. Maybe we won't get it right all the time but we try to do our best while being reasonable and fair.

Last edited by john_tullamarine; 17th Apr 2004 at 01:07.