PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Raids Meatbombers No 2
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2004, 00:44
rs480

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Lukeatme

Just arrived home from up north
I picked up the local rag at the airport and SURPRISE SURPRISE the DIRT DART operator has changed employment, he is now a demolition contractor.

Trouble building at Skydive City

Saturday, April 17
Geelong Advertiser
SKYDIVE City owner Luke McWilliam could face court action after failing to comply with a Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal order to remove several buildings from his property by yesterday.
The tribunal ordered Mr McWilliam at a February 19 hearing to remove all caravans, accommodation units and a toilet block from his land after the City of Greater Geelong council argued he did not have a permit for the buildings.
Mr McWilliam's eight weeks to remove the buildings expired yesterday, but all were still standing last night. A council spokesman said an inspection of the property would be made early next week.
``City staff will make an inspection of the property to ensure he has complied with the order to remove the illegal buildings,'' he said. ``If he hasn't then further action will be taken.''
But Mr McWilliam last night said a removalist had failed to pick up the buildings during the week and they would be removed by the end of the weekend.
``I'm not going to comment on this other than to say that the guy who was meant to pick them up didn't so I'm taking them down myself,'' he said.
``The power has already been disconnected and I'm in the process of pulling the rest apart now.''

HOPE HE HAS HIS WORK COVER PAID UP

Rs480