PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Training - My Experiences
Old 16th Apr 2004, 22:36
Flying_Sarah747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I just say as somebody who knows what it's like to be at BA short haul LHR, I can't see what all the fuss is about??!! If you're lucky enough to get LHR Eurofleet, then be thankful cause from what I hear we are treated much better over here at LHR then our fellow crew at wrld wide LGW, and Eurofleet LGW. Who ever said we don't get to see places is wrong too. I've been flying two months and have had countless night stops where we're able to go out, see the sights, go to pubs/clubs at night etc, as we speak I'm in Stockholm until 2pm tomorrow afternoon, ok so we do split duties once in awhile where we get about 6 hours at the hotel, but aren't we loosing heaps of them in the summer anyway?? And in all reality, who can complain, one sector out, one sector back, it's like having two days off!

BA doesn't tell us where we will be based util the day of our training cause they probably don't know, they just fit us in where we are needed.

And by the way, not meaning to sound nasty, I highly doubt that an easyjet crew would take home aything close to what I do at BA!

So that's my opinion about short haul vs. long haul, and let's face it, LHR world wide fleet is the place to be, and BA will not be recruiting into that, but lists will open up, things will move, so it's not all bad, in fact I think this job is so great it's a dream! I can't speak for short haul with other airlines, and I have heard it is hard slog with other airlines, but in my opinion, with British Airways, short haul LHR is the best and I wouldn't change for the world!

Last edited by Flying_Sarah747; 16th Apr 2004 at 23:06.