PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates emergency landing in JNB
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2004, 16:53
maybee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a340 incident

Sorry but I find this post a bit disturbing - first, there are a lot of assumptions. We all should know that there is probably more to this incident than we currently know, however I will make a comment..

A 3000 kg error would probably not cause this incident but what would cause this problem would be incorrect rotation technique OR Technical - see below

Multi fleet flying flying is and continues to be my concern.

If the A340 is rotated as per FCOM you would not have a problem ie rotate at approx 3 deg per sec to 12.5 deg and the aircraft will fly away without any tailstrike - don't stop at 10 deg and wait, particularly if using 1+f for take off config. That will cause a problem - any heavy jet operator knows this. Rotation technique is normally a continues RATE of rotation.

What would be a factor, which would obviously have to be investigated, is if the oleo's were under inflated. This has the potential of this kind of accident.

Please don't blame the crew until the full enquiry has been completed. It could happen to any of us - does not matter what aircraft we fly - could be speed calculation - poor technique - etc

Trying to be fair,

happy Landings