PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2004, 14:01
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who are you referring to easternboy? I don't believe anyone here has posted a 'phew, thank god it's not me' post on this thread...but in any event who can blame them? You're still on there, but your friends aren't - right?

Quit with the 'you guys don't care' routine easternboy - I'm a veteran of 11 FA interviews over the years, of which I've been through the whole medical routine only to be told later 'thanks but no thanks'.

No one more than me knows what it's like to go through the whole process, wait for what seems an eternity only to be told 'thanks but, you know, not right now..." - after spending hundreds of dollars on a multitude of tests...of which you receive none back!

I genuinely feel for those who were eliminated - but the sooner you make the choice to either a) continue applying or b) choose another industry, the better. Waiting for sympathy won't get you the job, nor will it make you a better applicant.

You either be positive, or be eliminated. Very simple.

And if you agree with Q-Tee that the whole world will end, and that's there's no hope for us on the shortlist, etc...then I feel sorry for you. For without hope, you have no direction.

And if that's what a job application for an airline does to you - what would a major disaster do instead?

I don't normally lose my temper, but pull your head in easternboy. You're talking to someone - and indeed to many other people on this board - with an inordinate amount of time served in this industry and in interviews. Don't go there with the whole 'you don't know me or my friends' routine.

Last edited by Mr Seatback 2; 16th Apr 2004 at 14:12.