PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are pilots boring?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2004, 10:13
What to do?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are pilots boring?

Morning

Now, I know this is likely to cause a little excitement, but I'm concerned about it. The five or six that I have met have been very helpful, but four of them have been about as interesting as a Westminster parking meter (the most boring breed). Now, I know there's often a generation gap between the two people, but that's no excuse! The next consideration is perhaps it's me. I'm fairly gregarious and enjoy team sports etc, but I'm certainly not a crazy party going fiend very often. Perhaps I'm not actually serious about flying and therefore the conversation is bound to bore me? Not so.

Since this is a forum for people potentially starting out, I think it's a valid topic. It's often said that in order to be employed the pilots conducting the interview want people who they'd gladly have a beer with after. What about the flip side?! I should also point out that a good friend flies for BA and I get on with him (as you might expect) very well.

I know that in any office, there's loads of people that are considered a little boring by one or a number of the staff, I'm just intrigued about the situation in aviation.

Cheers