PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2004, 09:55
QANTASTIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All sounds interesting !!

I myself like Mr seatback 2 is trying to be positive. I also have heard today the anouncment re the HKG to Lon direct with QF . I belive this will be used with the extra slots that QF purchased this year. I have heard again nothing concreat that they have already received the allowed numbers of permanent positions. They thought that they would have got a biger number for approval. Since they didnt they have had to reduce the short list further as they know after this there would not be any further permanent positions in the near future. I do belive we have got 6 weeks left before we get advised anything further. A friend advised me that they must know when the next schools are starting that is why they only extended the short list to 28 May. They could have easliy done it for anither 6 months since I have only been on the short list for 11 months now and max i think is 18 months..special from reading the threads. I do however feel for the short listers that are no longer with us. Its sad that you give it all, spend the money wait for about 4 months before you even know if you have been succesfull to be on the short list. I do however belive if its somthing you do want to do be positive and apply again and again. The rumer is that there eill be a further recruitmant drive in jun-jul some time to get a new short list happening. It does make me wonder how many people are still left on the short list. I am in Mel and know of about 12 of us who are still on the short list. All based in Mel and are all internal QF staff.. Is there a patter there?? I do see however from the threads that a lot of SYD based staff have been knocked back. I think this might be becouse they have been given ther go ahead to expand the L/H base in Mel. Extra flying and trip also to Lon. Who else know of others on the short list and were are they based and are they QF internal staff of external staff ... Lets keep us all informed and again to those not on the list try again. YOU CAN ONLY GET SOMEWERE IF YOU KEEP TRYING !!