PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dedicated Home for Brilliant Pics on AH&N (Merged)
Old 16th Apr 2004, 06:24
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Treadigraph

Good suggestion.

You can not post pics/images direct from your hard disk.
The image must be on a web page somewhere. (But see note below.)

If the image is on a website, you can post a link so that it appears in your post, but you need the full 'URL' (web address) of the image.

If the picture is not on your own own website, to find the 'url':
Right-click on the image
Select 'properties'
Highlight and copy the [url]. Always highlight from the start of the address to make sure you get the full address - which will usually end with 'gif' or 'jpg'.

Copy the full URL into your post, and put [I M G] in front of the address and [/I M G] after. NB: I've put spaces between the letters so the software doesn't think I'm trying to post an image. Do not put spaces when you do it.

Picture Size
800x600 pixels (maximum),
72 dpi resolution (Although the quality is not quite as good, the file size is smaller and loading time faster which makes it easier for those with slow connections.)

See previous posts in this thread if you wish to post an image stored on your hard drive but don't have your own website.

If the photographer wishes, there's no objection to a 'Photo by X' line appearing on the photograph provided it's not a business name and not a web address. Links/references to websites are not permitted on photographs nor in the body of posts.

Heliport