PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training in Los Angeles, CA.
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2004, 05:15
3 in trail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damian, good questions. My Brother-in-law is right now in his second week at allatps at RAL. He just took his multiengine private after the first five days. willbav8r had it spot on. Majorly intensive!!! But that is what we figured would be best for him. (34 year old waiter, who is ready and able for a major life change.) It is expensive, but not nearly what it would be if you purchased your own aircraft. (did willbav8r mention maintance and insurance?) I am a pilot at a major American airline and we did quite a bit of research on what would be the best program for him at this stage in his life. (he had a private with 85 total time, but only 10 pic cross-country. We paid allatps for the additional 15hrs required cxctry needed for enrollment at $50 an hour/with instructor in a c-172, smokin deal.) The multi time is what I think makes this the best deal out there. He has no college degree, so some of the other longer courses that incorporate other studies did not interest us. But I dont know where you come up with the 250 hrs of paid for time. It is only 200hrs total, with 190 multi-engine, and 50 of that is in their non-motion simulator. Only 140 hours Seminole time.

Hope this helps, and hope the Boddingtons dont show too much!

3 in trail