PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Qf Hire From Short List
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2004, 03:31
easternboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cloud nine

No my friends are not from eastern. They all went through the November 2002 recruitment drive. The one that received an extension to 28 May but than got the dreaded letter in the mail was an external applicant, the other two were internal applicants.

I agree I think it will all be long haul, according the FAAA short haul still has a surplus of some 200 cabin crew. God knows how they come to this conclusion when MAM crew are getting full rosters and crew are being asked to work on days off etc. Maybe if you add up all the crew on mat leave, leave without pay etc thats how they get the surplus.

The other rumour is as well that external applicants will only be offered fixed term or casual, as QF may only take short term leases on more aircraft etc and they want to see if they can get the number of overseas based crew up during the next EBA meaning they will than require less Australian based crew.

I know of 2 internals at eastern that have both been extended to 28 May, so QF must know there will be some permanent positions available to them, otherwise they would have just got rid of them with the others, you would think but than again it is QF afterall.