PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPRuNe PILOT MAIL pop-ups
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2004, 01:26
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPRuNe Pilot Mail is a service provided by Everyone.net. I provide a subdomain of pprune.com and they control the mail. When it was originally set up, it was a free to use service and there was very little advertising. Later, they added heir own premium service which included full POP access, no advertising and larger mailboxes with virus protection and scanning.

There are 19,,000+ people signed up to use PPRuNe Pilot Mail and I have no idea how many of those are active. I provided it as a free service and you are free to discontinue using the account.

As I said, I have no control over the service other than the ability to add a bit of colour and have a few of my adverts appear in there. If it cost you anything and you're not happy with the service then I can understand but they do have a full cusomer support service for their subscribing customers. As for the problems with pop-ups for their non-revenue customers, what can I say? Don't use it.

Perhaps I should introduce pop-up ads here and offer an advert/pop up free option to those willing to subscribe? It doesn't matter what I do because I can only make some of the people happy all of the time or all of the people happy some of the time.