PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - By the Cabin Crew door?
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2004, 09:23
PPRuNeUser0215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cat3, after I came back from Africa where I had been flying for a year, I joined a ground handling agent then followed by BA (cabin crew).
Although I met some great people I am still very much in touch with I was not considered for any flying position wether I am talking about BA or British Midland.
Actually when I tried BA, I was told by the guy in charge of recruitment (POD for those who know him ) all sort of porkies plus told to leave the company and rejoin as flight deck once I have more experience.
I guess I did just that but I am very unlikely to rejoin as there is nothing there for me anymore.
A shame really since at the time I really wanted to stay with BA...

As for British Midland it didn't work out probably because I was LGW based and recruitment being at LHR, I couldn't just pop in. It happened a couple of times but no doubt, I was far from being the only one doing that.

On the other hand, I ve heard or met some people for whom it worked out juts the way I had tried but been unsuccessful. So there we, once again no rule there but why not giving it a go ? I mean, I really enjoyed my time in both jobs and learnt about what goes on on the other side.

Personally though I have always omitted to tell I was a trained pilot during interviews. I figured out this could go against me so I chose not take the chance. Whether or not it happened to be the case I don't know and I never will but the end result was satisfactory which is what mattered.

Bye