PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Idiot on 126.900??
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2004, 20:30
contraxdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The guys I was talking about, flew a AN 8. Living in a ****hole hoping to get paid. They were earning about $500/month flying anything for anybody, anywhere with their handheld Gert PieterSe. The high /Low I gave them was like a treasure, because there was no Celotape keeping it from falling apart and one could still read it.
The assembly of plates they had was hand-me-downs from others. Jepp, Airad and copies of copies of Gov isuued copies from when there still was a goverment.
Ja boet, somewhere out there there are guys doing that, because that is what they have to do because that is all they know. And THEY CAN FLY! The fact that they are alive is testimony to that. I sometimes wonder if I have what it takes to do what they do, with the equipment and resourses they have.

Wlibur and Orvillle had no qualifications or licences that allowed them to design, build, test and fly aircraft, but they still did. Thanks Will Thanks Orv! You rule!

They might not be your brothers with wings, but I am proud to say, they are mine.

..the time has come the walrus said to speak of many things, of pirate ships, and sealing wax, and cabbages and kings...