PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fired while on duty
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2004, 19:30
Zingaro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Velemax, take a holiday..... if of course turni will let you!!!!!
Regarding the crime of refuelling with an engine running believe it or believe it not it has been an approved procedure in Italy, obviously without pax on board and with many other requirements. I am surprised because I had never even considered a situation were one would be pressed to do such a thing but guys, if you want to shoot someone then shoot the rulemakers!!!! On this subject lets hear from other operators if they have such a procedure to allow them to escape if transiting an airfield with no ASU and the APU fails to start on landing!!!!
Many of the problems talked about on this thread stem from the complacency of ENAC-Civilavia regarding the existing rules of flight time limitations and general operating procedures.
What I will say is that after 17 hours of duty it is hard for the average pilot to put up a good performance even if the aircraft is operating normally. If you do not have good operating fundamentals then the old cocoon of safety that surrounds us all wears perilously thin on your 3rd. landing and this is when I get veery angree at MXP approach control for unco-ordinated high speed-low speed and 35L , brief, no no 35R rebrief with opposing GA procedures!!!!
Sleep well gentleman....and Na..., Nat.... and Ca...werever you are now, for tomorrow we have to do it all over again..... and the CBs are building over Cuba.....
Keep YOUR cockpit a safe place.

Last edited by Zingaro; 14th Apr 2004 at 20:17.