PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fired while on duty
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2004, 12:57
CARPEDIEM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Hi Velemax
Sorry for your bruised national ego, but my observation doesn’t concern all the Italian pilots of Blue Panorama. I met also a minority of professional pilots with a standard airmanship. Unfortunately, these good guys are surrounded by a real army of incompetents. Breaking of rules is so usual in Blue Panorama that it is not surprising that 99% of the expats already left the company. And this is not only a “frenchie” question, neither a british nor a Belgian one. Face it: the way of doing aviation in Blue Panorama is simply unfair and the dishonesty of P…i’s methods is proven.
The bad reputation of Blue Panorama is not only known out of Italy but also in your own country. In the opinion of most Alitalia / Eurofly / Lauda Italy / Livingstone / Volare pilots, Blue Panorama is identified as a cheat with no respect for the elementary rules: can you affirm that the MEL is not an abstract consideration in the day to day operations? Can you affirm that refuelling with one engine turning in Cayo Largo (not only once) is a legal procedure? Can you affirm that Blue Panorama didn’t carry illegal materials from Cuba to Italy? Can you affirm that ETOPS fundamentals are respected? Can you affirm that CP doesn’t encourage a form of “omerta”? The list of unfair methods is endless and penalizes the respectful airlines.
I was already out of Blue Panorama when I read a copy of the unofficial audit written by some expat captains. But I must admit that most of the statements were entirely true. My Blue Panorama experience reminds me another experience in Africa, but… 25 years ago! I am now happy to fly in a respectful British established charter airline. Believe me or not, when the DO interviewed me, he noticed my brief stay in BPA and said : "hmmm...Blue Panorama..what a bad reputation these people have!".

From Belgium.
CARPEDIEM

Last edited by CARPEDIEM; 14th Apr 2004 at 13:11.