PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - applying for RAF
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2004, 10:42
woowoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joining RAF

Hi there,

I have just finished IOT at Cranwell and was a bursar on the University of London Air Sqn (while studying Aerospace Eng at Queen Mary University, London).

Your doing the right thing by studying hard for your highers (I too went through the Scottish system with Highers and CSYS). At the moment the RAF is difficult to get into as a Pilot because of all sorts of issues with the training system, but do not worry about this and stay focused on achieving your aim!

My top tips are:

- Study hard for all your exams and get the best grades possible (goes without saying really)
- Apply for a University Bursary (liase with your Armed Forces Careers Office)
- Whether you are sponsored or not, join the UAS and enjoy flying the Tutor at Leuchars.

Basically, do your best and see what happens. When it comes to OASC be yourself and make sure you have prepared as much as possible. The more you have looked into current affairs, the RAF itself, aircraft etc the less pressure you will be under in the interview for a start!

Hope all goes well - Best of luck!

Woo Woo

The link below was posted by Grimweasel and is an excellent way to prepare yourself for some of the Speed/Distance/Time problems thrown at you at OASC. The questions are a little out of date but just as effective for you to practice.

http://www.timc.clara.net/raf.htm