PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 ratings - THIS p!sses me right off
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2004, 08:55
StudentInDebt

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking Chin up old boy, after all we're British/Colonials

Luke, don't start believing that you are in some way disadvantaged by not having a type rating, it makes very little difference to you employment prospects and if anything reduces them. Once the 200 hour golden spoon boys (who are the vast majority of those choosing to fund their own type ratings without a contract of employment) work this out we will start to see a return to the employer funded type rating in the low-cost market in the UK.

Like AMEX, I wasn't even tempted to look at paying for my own type rating (or MCC for that matter) and I am now flying jets for one of the best operators in the country. Yes, it took a while (3 years) to get the job but here I am now. What is laughable is that should I wish to break my bond and join Easyjet I would still have to pay (or agree to pay) to get on the TRSSSssssssss.

As regard to your complaint about the transferability of type ratings, cpls, ppls etc, errr thats the CAA - I thought you'd been in the UK long enough to know what they are like