PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kentish Town to Park Lane - An applicant's analogy?
Old 14th Apr 2004, 02:56
bazzaman96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kentish Town to Park Lane - An applicant's analogy?

Just as Eliza Doolittle in Pygmalion was transformed from a 'draggletailed guttersnipe' to a distinguished lady, I'd like to ask a question about education in applications for sponsored schemes.

I'm a big fan of equality for all, and this question might seem a little biased from a Cambridge student...

Do sponsorship schemes and training providers look at your degree, and if so, how much emphasis is placed on it? I realise that this will provoke lots of 'you can't tell' answers, but surely it must play a factor? Would, say, a 1st from cambridge help, or is it irrelevant?

The reason I ask is because up until today I was quite optimistic that I would have been good enough as an applicant to these training schemes, but having discovered this site just 2 hours ago I didn't quite appreciate just how many people are applying!

How 'important' is this site in the industry? I.e, other than airliners.net, is this a seminal site, and are the people posting on these forums the 'majority' of those looking for jobs, or is it only a small proportion.

I'm determined to pursue a career in aviation, as a pilot, but want to get some sort of perspective on what my chances could be...and of the thousands of people aiming, how many are wannabes, and how many seriously have a chance.

geesh, that sounded all class-ridden and arrogant there, but i didn't mean it to be! I just wanted to see whether I'm wasting my time really...as the statistics aren't too hopeful...

chin up!