PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA DEP rumour
Thread: BA DEP rumour
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2004, 00:12
PPRuNeUser0215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure about BA's final salary's pension scheme since nobody has been taken on since they announced the end of it.
Again like PP said, unlikely to see a large move across from the Charters to BA... When it comes to long haul, Britannia for example has increased significantly its operation and there is more to come therefore making it more interesting for those who like that kind of things.

BA is appealing to a point but it is no longer the only major player when it comes to recruitment so things might be a little tougher for them when it comes to attract experienced people.
I agree though, any recruitment is good news for everyone but remember as well that European Air Charter is in serious trouble with lots of people ready to move.... tomorrow.
The guys working for Mytravel might also want to have a look just in case, at least I would anyway.

Time to command... Well that s an issue when you are very experienced pilot and not that happy in the outfit you work for. Personnally I have a great lifestyle (not BA), varied routes (SH, MH, LH, interesting mid term contracts etc...) and money is pretty good. I may not be a typical case, although not that special really so joining BA would not bring any real improvement (apart from flying the 74/77 but frankly will it matter that much after you have been there 3 years?)
I am sure there are lots of happy guys at BA (and I would be) but can't think they are happier than me!

All this rambling to say that all of you, looking for a first job should make sure they update their file EVERYWHERE. You never know, your lucky day could just be around the corner.