PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 700 hours
Thread: 700 hours
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2004, 20:50
G-LOST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CATAWAMPUS is correct. I spoke to FCL a while back and was advised as a FO to log all time as P2, otherwise known as CoPilot (for good reason) in my JAR-FCL logbook. Unless you have minimum hours for licence issue, it's academic. Different logbooks set out different ways of logging time and it can be a bast*rd going thru them to work out the various requirements the CAA specify at various stages of application. Lost count of the number of times I've been thru my logbooks, CPL, IR, FI, MEP CRI, IRI, ATPL etc. Always a nightmare, but there's one hard and fast rule - don't fudge the hours as it can and may well catch up with you!! For that reason it helps to have in excess of the minimums - looks less suspicious. I waited a while for ATPL issue - nearer 600 hours multi crew for that very reason, and well over 2000hrs total. That way the CAA are not going to argue. In terms of the old curly - odds and ends like 2 pilot air taxi in a single pilot a/c, my NZ logbook has a 'column 16' for additional hours that you may wish to record, but you don't add them to total time. I suggest that you could make the remarks column in a JAR logbook serve the same purpose - very useful when you're an old pilot looking back on your bolder days.

LOST.