PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anxiety = High BP = Fail = More anxiety – anyway out of the loop?
Old 13th Apr 2004, 15:31
gingernut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
.......and above all qq, remember, you are not ill, were just trying to prevent you getting ill.

Ambulatory (24hr) bp is quite useful, although clinicians are sometimes alittle unsure as to what to do with the results.

The process involves wearing a little machine, on your belt, and a bp cuff for 24 hrs. It records your bp against time every 15 mins, the results can then be downloaded to a graph/spreadsheet.

From the studies I've seen, white coat syndrome can be defined when the readings "spike" at certain instances, usually walking into the quacks office, and interestingly, coitus.

There's some really useful advice re. lifestyle on this thread. It does seem a bit of a faff having to attend a cardio clinic for monitoring (havn't they got better things to do ?) Perhaps you coukld persuade your local friendly practice nurse/gp to contact the drugs company reps, as I know that some of the manufactures will provide the equipmwent.

For god's sake, don't tell them I told you so !