PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iraq - is there ANY hope?!?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2004, 14:26
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Maachi is closer to the truth than we usually dare admit. The fundamentalists in the Middle East would have their people living in the Dark Ages. Any study of their beliefs and the direct conflict they pose in the 21st Century can only validate that situation.

To take issue with them, and consider them lacking, does not make one a Racist. To ignore their xenophobic hatred of things Western and Christian is to show poor judgement.

As much as is wrong with Western culture, there is much worse in the culture the Islamic Fundamentalists wish to force upon the world. Any religion that purports to endorse murder for the furtherance of that religion is evil.

I have lived amongst our Arab and Islamic brethren for years and have to agree with the view that they as a people are the cause of their own suffering.

The UN study that discribed the situation so accurately has been ignored by the world's media. Arab and Islamic scholars studied the Middle East and determined the oppressive and backwards view of the ruling classes (includes the Mullahs and Clerics) all base their power upon keeping the masses isolated from outside influences.

The lack of education for women, withholding of medical care for women, the lack of books translated "into" Arabic, lack of access to the internet, lack of industrial infrastructure, and the like all set the Islamic nations up for failure in the modern world.

One excuse for the young Saudi's being unhappy is the lack of jobs...but yet 65% of the workers in Saudi are foreigners....while the Saudi's report an unemployment figure of 25%. Now what Rocket Scientist cannot come up with an answer for that situation?

I for one, am sick and tired of hearing how it is the Western World's fault for all the problems. The Islamic Fundamentalists are merely Fascists in Jhrobes! When they put forth an honest effort to move into the modern world then I will begin to listen to their complaints but not until then.