PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 700 hours
Thread: 700 hours
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2004, 12:36
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IFR is completly different to sole use of flight instruments if they had wanted sole use of flight instruments they would have said. As they have done in other requirements. If you fly in controlled airspace you can't log IFR while under a SVFR clearance but if you fly in class G you can because you are cleared on a IFR departure clearance "cleared to depart IFR with your own responsability for terrian clearance" If you refuse the clearance you don't go so you MUST be IFR and if you are IFR you can log it.

And the TRE who did my type rating said to log all PF flights as PICUS and also the company CP so I will run with their advice.

And as other FO's have been issued with the green book by doing this I am not going to worry.

MJ

Sorry just re-read your last post. Under JAR we don't have instrument flying hours. We only have IFR entrys all the regs are now changed listing IFR hours apart from a few which actually state sole use of instruments. ie the instructors ones.

And i have a suspision that the definition of PICUS is different to the old one for P1US.

I presume it all had to change after the change away from CAP509 courses etc. If FO's couldn't log PICUS there would be no way they could ever become command (with out hour building) because some of the intergrated chaps are coming out of school with 160 hrs with very little PIC or P1 time. If they went straight multi crew they would be stumped as some of them don't even have a SEP rating only a MEP CPL/IR.

Last edited by mad_jock; 13th Apr 2004 at 12:52.