PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spinning and T67s
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2004, 11:19
hugh flung_dung

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
DB6, you said:
Recovery will be delayed if the stick is moved forward before rotation stops having applied opposite rudder, as a high-rotational spin may develop,
I haven't spun the M260 but have spun rather a lot in Bulldog, T67A and others.... I assume you meant to say "if the stick is moved forward before having applied full opposite rudder"(?)
I'd hate anyone to get the wrong idea about spin recovery.

And now an embarrassing confession
At the end of an aeros course I was demonstrating spin mishandling in the Bulldog (from FL100, with chutes) and, after a few HROT turns, applied standard recovery (stick back again, full opposite rudder, pause, stick progressively......) nothing happened - or, more accurately, nothing changed because the HROT spin continued but even faster. The clue came when I realised that the harder I pushed the stick forward the faster we went round. After a considerable number of turns (but still above safety height) the brain woke up and I realised that the rudder wasn't FULL. Back to the start again and it stopped in a couple of turns.
Post flight analysis .... brand new and VERY soft shoes (thrown in the bin that night).